Viral Marketing Goes Mobile
Mobile devices, mobile phones and PDA’s are one of the last great frontiers of viral advertisement opportunities. Up until the past couple of years, the world of marketing has yet to inhabit your cell phone. Things are changing quickly and if you are lucky, you can get in front of a huge trend. We will show you how to make money with the swiftly growing world of mobile marketing.
The very idea of unwanted advertising streaming through our Blackberries is abhorrent. Mobile devices are the ultimate opt-in medium and, therefore, a great way for marketers to connect with users…if that’s what the users want. “WANT” is the key word here. How should marketers approach the medium?
There are three main ways to achieve this. They are:
Offer exclusive content. Anyone can offer ring tones. It’s the unique content, such as exclusive mobile images of new brand concepts, that drives interest and calls them out in other media like e-mail campaigns, newsletters, websites, etc. So a wireless campaign is most effective when it offers exclusive content for wireless devices.
Make it useful and timely. Think about what would be handy and helpful to have on a mobile device. Last year, for example, Food Network enabled Sprint customers to download shopping lists for their Thanksgiving dinners. There was a lot of “Sprint-envy” going around among non-sprint customers.
Clearly define objectives. Usually, one of two business objectives drives successful mobile experiences: incremental revenue of brand intimacy. On the intimacy factor, a text message usually takes priority over almost any other form of communication. Why? Because we haven’t yet been saturated with mobile spam, and this is what causes us to prioritize wireless messaging over voice.
All-in all, mobile marketing is getting ready to blow up and everyone will soon want a piece of it. Get in on the action early while you still can and you will be set to walk away with some serious profits.
Here are some places you can get started advertising to mobile users.
To advertise on mobile devices, you will need to use one of the following mobile media platforms:
1. Admob - one of the first, also has affiliates who can promote your ad.
2. OfferMobi - a new up-and-coming mobile ad network, also offers affiliates.
3. Google Mobile Ads - advertise just like adsense, except on mobile devices.
4. Mozeo - a very powerful mobile marketing platform. Allows you to combine text messaging, video, surveys, contests, and more in your mobile marketing mix.
One of the easiest ways for you to profit almost instantly is by marketing affiliate programs to mobile users. Pay per call affiliate programs work extremely well when advertised on mobile phones. This is where you get a commission when people call you unique affiliate 1-800-number.
Need an affiliate program to advertise to mobile users? We recommend Pay Per Call affiliate programs for easy conversions:
1. Commission Junction - Just opened up new pay per call tracking for affiliates
2. Ingenio - pay per call ad platform recently bought by ATT - has great affiliate program where you get paid when an advertiser starts using pay per call to advertise their busines.
3. LinkShare - recently opened pay per call